Friday, March 27, 2009
Thursday, March 26, 2009
There are so many opportunities to be involved in LIANZA 2009 conference whether it be as a delegate, speaker/presenter, exhibitor or sponsor. We welcome your participation in any way you choose.
Lyn MacleodConvenor, LIANZA Conference 2009
Call for Abstracts
The LIANZA 2009 Conference Committee invites the submission of abstracts for this year's conference at the Christchurch Convention Centre, October 12-14. Our theme this year is "he tangata, he tangata, he tangata", and we are looking for contributions that celebrate the importance of people, both within and outside our profession. The Conference will "Acknowledge the past, Embrace the present, and Advance the Future". In 2009 we are encouraging participation from all parts of ourprofession:
young and not so young;
- first time presenters and seasoned campaigners;
- recent graduates;
- those new to the profession and experienced librarians;
- representatives from all aspects and sectors of librarianshipand related fields.
To support this we are offering opportunities for local mentoring to assist with nurturing your idea into an abstract and then into an engaging presentation. We are also offering a wide variety of formats, so that hopefully there is something for everybody. Don't be shy - if you've got something you're passionate about, a great idea, something that has worked for you and might have wider applicability, or something controversial; please consider presenting at LIANZA 2009. This is your chance to interact with the people in your profession, engage in some healthy debate, and contribute to our collective future. Please visit the call for abstracts: http://www.lianza.org.nz/events/conference2009/abstracts.html for more details on:
* Oral presentations (30 mins is standard length, but let us know if you'd like shorter or longer);
* Posters (especially suited to recent MLIS & BAppSci graduates and other research presentations);
* Workshops (90 minute interactive learning opportunity - let us know if this will require access to a computer suite)
* Other (this is your chance to design your own format)
- Now - abstract submission is now ope
- Friday 22 May - Deadline for abstract submission
- Monday 15 June - Notification of abstract acceptance
Check out the Conference Blog
The 2009 Conference blog is now live – watch for new postings and add your own comments. This is your place to go for up to the minute information, and to get your thoughts out there!
Join us on Facebook
Conference 2009 is also on Facebook – search for LIANZA Conference 2009 after signing up on http://www.facebook.com
Make contact with other people attending or thinking about attending Conference. Make friends with the mysterious Libby Church!
Where to go for more information on Conference - check out:
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
The deadline for associateship/fellowship applications looms (31st March). If you meet the criteria for Associateship I'd recommend serious consideration of application. Its not that hard, and you are worth it!
Napier: March 26th @ 6.00pm. Venue: Napier Public Library
for more details contact Sally Muir: email@example.com
Taranaki: Thursday April 23rd 2009. 6.30pm Inglewood Public Library
for more details contact Debra Hitchcock: D.Hitchcock@witt.ac.nz
See y'all there!
Heather Lamond (Ikaroa Councillor).