Thursday, May 27, 2010

Ikaroa Regional Councillor

Hi all
Hopefully you are all aware that I am your Regional Councillor for the 2010-12 period. I made the decision to stand for re-election as I feel like I still have work to do on Council, and I am still 100% committed to the role.

Although it turned out that I was unopposed, I did prepare a short statement in case of an election and I thought it might be handy for those of you that don't know me to see what I stand for. So, here it is ...

I have represented the Ikaroa Region on National Council for the previous two years and am seeking re-election to this role.

There are challenging times ahead for all sectors of our profession and it is my belief that now, more than ever, we need a Council which is experienced and knowledgeable. I believe that I bring that experience to the region and also to Council. Having worked in both public and academic libraries, and in rural and urban settings I have a good understanding of the issues faced by our profession from a variety of perspectives.

I have really enjoyed getting out around the Region over my current term, and feel privileged to have been your representative. I have a heartfelt passion for the good that libraries do in our communities and the value that we all, as professionals, bring to our organisations.

Please see my profile on the LIANZA website for more information about me.

http://lianza.org.nz/career/librarian-profiles/head-distance-library-service

I hope to get around the Region more this term, and look forward to catching up with you all. In the meantime please feel free to contact me anytime - email is probably your best bet :-)
h.m.lamond@massey.ac.nz or phone (06) 356 9099 ext 7486

You might also be interested in this document on the LIANZA website - the newly documented job profile for a Regional Councillor - so you know what it is I'm supposed to do :-)

Cheers
Heather Lamond



3 comments:

  1. It is great that you are carrying on in this role Heather - as there are lots of initiatives underway and I can understand you being keen to see them come to fruition.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to see you carrying on with the good work you have done for the region over the last few years. It is a great relief to me to see you still in the role :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Heather, you have been a great ambassador and inspiration to librarians in our region. And great to have some experience at hand with all the initiatives and changes at LIANZA and in our profession. KeWell done for all the good work you have done and what you have a chieved over te last 2 years. Your associateship was well deserved. Kim

    ReplyDelete